Business Analytics with Excel Training Course
About the course
Business Analytics with Excel Training Course is done using a tool which you already have, Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Excel is the most commonly used analytics, reporting and strategy software. This course will equip the participants with data analytical skills using Excel’s features. The participants will be taught some statistical concepts on how to get insights from data and take data driven decisions using Excel.
The participant will also acquire skills in Excel pivots and their use to summarize data in flexible ways, enabling quick exploration of data and producing valuable insights from the accumulated data. The course will also include Power BI, which is the latest and the best tool provided by Microsoft for analytics and data visualization.
Business Analytics with Excel course is highly recommended for professionals who are want to build their capacity in the field of analytics. The course is best suited for people who currently use Excel at work and will benefit from improved Excel skills for reporting, presentation and analysis.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand importance of business analytics in business
- Understand fundamentals of excel analytics functions and conditional formatting
- Analyze with complex datasets using pivot tables and slicers
- Solve analytical problems using tools like scenario manager, solver and goal seek
- Apply statistical tools and concepts like moving average, hypothesis testing, ANOVA and regression to data sets using Excel
- Represent your findings using charts and dashboards
- Use Microsoft Power BI
Introduction to Business Analytics
- What is Business Analytics?
- Analysis vs Analytics
- Types of Analytics
- Areas of Analytics
Conditional Formatting using Excel
- Custom Formatting
- Conditional Formatting
- Logical Functions
- Look up and Reference Functions
- VLOOKUP Function
- HLOOKUP Function
- MATCH Function
- INDEX and OFFSET Function
- Statistical Function
- SUMIFS Function
- COUNTIFS Function
Analysis Data using PIVOT Tables
- Pivot Table Introduction
- Grouping in Pivot Table Introduction
- Custom Calculation
- Calculated Field and Calculated Item
- Creating a Slicer
Dashboard in Excel
- What is a Dashboard?
- Dashboard Design
- Chart Formatting
- Interactive Dashboard with Form Controls
- Interactive Chart
Business Analytics using Excel
- Solver Addin
- Goal Seek
- Scenario Manager
- Data Table
- Descriptive Statistics
Statistical Analysis using Excel
- Hypothesis Testing
- VBA variables
- VBA functions
- Application Object
Training Course Approach
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training Course manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as a tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: Email Us.
The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue.
57 Jason Moyo Avenue,